Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Fickle Castle

From my bedroom window there is a view of a palace. Every night as I get under the covers of my bed, I look at the palace. It is bathed in a yellowy light, and usually there is fog or mist moving around it. The other night, as I was getting under the covers on top of my bed, I looked out my window to look at the glowing palace. It wasn't there. I looked closer. I thought maybe the fog was too thick. It covered up the palace. But there was no yellow glowing fog where the palace should be. I thought maybe the lights were out. I looked even closer and all I saw were very dark green trees, dark sky, dark houses, and a no-palace hole where the palace is supposed to be.

I do not know where the palace went that night. Perhaps it was camouflaged. Perhaps it was lifted up by the fog. It upset my nightly routine, and may have even disturbed my dreams. I do not recall. Here is the change: Every night as I get undercover in my bed, I lean far to the left and look out the window, hoping to catch a glimpse of the castle but I know it may have better things to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home